High Level Round Table Meeting with Alibaba Chairman Mr. Jack Ma
by KITOS ADMINISTRATOR | August 7, 2017
JACK MA IN KENYA
KEPSA in collaboration with UNCTAD, the Kenyan Government and Standard Chartered Bank hosted Jack Ma and a high powered business delegation composed of 30 billionaires from China on 20th July, 2017. In order for Jack Ma to interact with the Kenyan business community, a High Level Round Table Meeting was held on 20th July 2017 at Villa Rosa Kempinski, Nairobi, Kenya from 2:00pm-4:00pm.
The event was at full capacity with representation of various sectors including some of our members in IT and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) sector that provided an opportunity for networking among members of the private sector and government officials.
Mr. Jack Ma, Founder and Chairman of Alibaba Group, a world leading e-commerce platform, gave some very insightful talking points to the entrepreneurs present at the meeting. Just to highlight a few:
- Entrepreneurs should invest a lot in the people that are working in their organizations. This helps in adoption and ownership of the company goals that lead to delivery of quality products and services which will later own contribute to the growth of the organization through reputation and increase in turnover.
- Entrepreneurs should not hold back from building their businesses due to lack of infrastructure, they build the infrastructure themselves. This was more of a personal note since Jack Ma shared his story when developing Alibaba Group Ltd. he did not even have proper internet connection but he created his own channels of making his dream and passion a reality.
- Entrepreneurs should create products and services that solve a particular problem whether short term or long term. This is how relevance of your products and services are seen by your target market.
- Entrepreneurs should never stop thinking of innovative ways to improve their products and services no matter how much sale one might get. Due to the rapid change of technology entrepreneurs should adopt or be left behind.
- Entrepreneurs and individuals should focus on data mining than relying a lot on technology. Technology is a catalyst of handling your operations, but with data, one gets content to analyze using technology and get to understand the needs and wants of your target audience.
To view the meeting at Kempinski, click Jack Ma Roundtable Meeting at Kempinski
“It is not infrastructure in organization that fuel success in organizations but the passion that drives innovation leads to success” Jack Ma.